Wireless Internet Installer
The Wireless Field Installation Technician is the face of Micrologic and requires excellent customer service skills paired with technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on-site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of updating databases.
Physical Demand’s: Ability to lift/move up to 60lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work on roofs. Ability to work in the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl spaces. Ability to work in all inclement weather conditions. Must be able to use tools to install equipment. Work Environment: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May work in high, precarious places.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform site surveys for potential customers to evaluate serviceability.
- Diagnose customer problems at service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install new customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running a cable from outside to the customer’s computer inside.
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
Experience & Skills:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, field experience preferred and a background in wireless Internet is highly valued.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgment principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
- Health Plans
- On-Site Training
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (k)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for a position at Micrologic, please send a resume and cover letter to the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at PO Box 328, Buckhannon, WV 26201.