And California Privacy Rights
Effective Date: September 21, 2023
Any capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the Micrologic Service Agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights Under the Shine The Light Act
Micrologic will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile or respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- For all requests, include Customer’s full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- If sent via email request, Customer must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send Customer email to email@example.com
- If sent via postal request, Customer must send a letter or post card to:
P.O. Box 328
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Attention: Your California Privacy Rights
- GENERAL INFORMATION
When Customer uses the Service, the Personal Information Customer voluntarily sends and receives is transmitted over a wireless or fiber network and may be subject to interception by unauthorized third parties. While it is Micrologic’s objective to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk that unauthorized third parties will intercept the information Customer sends and receives through the Service, Micrologic cannot and does not make any guarantee that transmissions over the Internet are 100% secure or error-free.
Micrologic does not knowingly collect, solicit or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If Customer is under age 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to Micrologic. If Micrologic learns that Micrologic has collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, Micrologic will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If Customer believes that its child under age 16 may have provided Micrologic Personal Information, please contact Micrologic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
The following are the different ways and reasons we collect Customer Personal Information:
Registration process, billing, and administration: Customer name, email address, phone number (wireless and wireline), billing address and billing information (such as credit card account number or other financial account information), service address, and the nature of any of Customer devices or other property making use of the Service. Personal Information also includes Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”) which is created by virtue of your relationship with Micrologic when you subscribe to our VoIP services or other telephony services. CPNI includes any information that relates to the telephony services purchased (including specific calls you make and receive), quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our VoIP service, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding your VoIP account (such as billing information). Please note that by law, CPNI does not include a customer’s name, postal address, or telephone number. We will also use this same Personal Information for the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance of the services, and servicing of equipment. When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, such as your password, location, and your router’s MAC address and serial number.
Network Information: Micrologic also collects Network Information, information about Customer access to, and use of, the Micrologic Network, which may or may not be directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. For example, Micrologic may collect information about the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer property or at Customer premises, when Customer is using the Service, the various devices Customer is using to access the Service, the amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving, the content of the data Customer are transmitting and receiving, the websites Customer is visiting, and any other information that is transmitted over the Micrologic Network. Micrologic may also aggregate Network Information from multiple customers and Micrologic will share such aggregated Non-Personal information about the overall performance of the Micrologic Service and the Micrologic network with our Affiliates and other third parties. Aggregated information does not identify a specific individual, computer or device. We use Network Information to monitor and enhance the performance of the Micrologic network. Micrologic will not monitor the content of the websites viewed or email communications as part of Micrologic’s standard network management.
Generally, Micrologic will only monitor and preserve the following Network Information:
- When Customer is using the Service;
- How Customer is using the Service, such as monitoring traffic patterns regarding websites visited, amount of data being sent or received, or other activity;
- The amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving through the Service; and
- General information regarding the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer’s property or at Customer’s premises, and its interaction with the rest of Micrologic’s network.
However, Micrologic reserves the right to, and may, monitor, access, review and preserve any Network Information and/or content in the following situations:
- In response to an inquiry from Customer or another Authorized User on Customer’s account regarding Customer or their use of the Service or problems Customer or they are experiencing using the Service;
- If Micrologic has reason to believe Customer is using the Service in violation of Customer’s Service Agreement or any applicable statutes, rules, ordinances or regulations;
- If Micrologic has reason to believe Customer use of the Service is negatively affecting other Customers; or
- When Micrologic is required by law or legal process to do so, or when Micrologic has a good faith belief that Micrologic is required by law or legal process to do so.
- IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES?
Micrologic will use Customer Personal Information to send marketing and advertising messages related to our own Services and Site using Customer’s email address, postal address, or telephone number (for voice, texts, automated and pre-recorded calls).
Micrologic may deliver a marketing or advertising message based on Customer visits to Micrologic website, which will be general advertising or “Contextual Advertising,” which is advertising based on the subject matter or the content of the specific website page or subject matter. Micrologic may also send Customer “First Party Advertising,” which is advertising or marketing that is customized or personalized based on a history of Customer’s use of our Services (possibly combined with information from our Facebook fan page or other social network platforms). First Party Advertising is based solely on a combination of information Micrologic collects from Customer – not from Customer’s visits to other websites across the Internet. Micrologic may use CPNI for its own First Party Advertising for products/services a Customer has already purchased. We will need your consent before using CPNI for marketing or advertising unrelated services. Customer may opt-out of First Party Advertising but not Contextual Advertising. No Personal Information is used to deliver Contextual Advertising; it automatically will appear based on the content or webpage Customer is viewing. And Customer may continue to receive general advertising if Customer opts-out of First Party Advertising, it will not be customized or personalized for Customer.
Micrologic does not provide third party “Network Advertising,” which is advertising based on Customer’s overall Internet usage across different third party websites or online services. Multiple third party websites and online services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in essence a “network” of advertising providers. Because Micrologic does not provide network ads, Micrologic does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on various Internet browsers. Micrologic does not engage or allow third parties to track you across the Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- DO WE DISCLOSE CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- To Our Operational Service Providers: Micrologic and its Affiliates contract with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on Micrologic’s behalf and need to share Customer Personal Information to provide products or services to Customers. For example, Micrologic may use a payment processing company to receive and process Customer’s ACH or credit card transactions for Micrologic. Micrologic may contract with third parties to assist Micrologic in optimizing Micrologic’s network, or Micrologic may contract with a third party to provide services through the App. Unless Micrologic tells Customer differently, Micrologic does not grant its Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information Micrologic shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist Micrologic.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: Micrologic may choose to buy or sell assets, or Micrologic may sell assets or be sold. In these types of transactions, customer Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if Micrologic (or Micrologic’s assets) are acquired, or Micrologic goes out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: Micrologic reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information when Micrologic is required by law or legal process to do so, or if Micrologic has a good faith belief that Micrologic is required by law or legal process to do so.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Micrologic endeavors to protect the privacy of Customer’s account and other Personal Information using reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures. However, Micrologic cannot and does not guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time. Customer’s account is protected by a User ID and password for Customer’s privacy and security. It is Customer’s responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to Customer’s account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting Customer password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to Customer computer, tablet or device and browser by signing off after Customer has finished accessing Customer’s account. Customer is required to notify us immediately if Customer’s password or account has been disclosed to a person whose name does not appear on Customer’s account, even if you have allowed such disclosure. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Customer is solely responsible for any use of Micrologic Services via Customer’s username and password.
Additionally, if Customer contacts Micrologic via Site, telephone or in person, Micrologic will ask Customer for verification of Customer’s identification and account. Customers seeking access to Personal Information over the telephone must first provide Micrologic with a pin. If Customer is unable to provide the correct pin, Micrologic may still disclose Personal Information, but must provide the information only by sending it to Customer’s physical address on file or by calling Customer on the telephone number on file. Micrologic may discuss Personal Information with a Customer without a pin on a Customer-initiated phone call, but only if the Customer discloses call detail information unprompted and without Micrologic’s assistance. Customers may access Personal Information in-person at a Micrologic office, however, Customers are required to provide a valid photo ID before Micrologic may disclose Personal Information.
Micrologic will not send an email or text, nor should Customer respond to any email or text communications asking for any sensitive or confidential Personal Information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card account number, or a driver’s license number. If Customer receives an email or text requesting any such information from Micrologic or someone that claims they are with Micrologic or Our Affiliates please contact our Privacy Administrator immediately: email@example.com For Micrologic’s IT Support Services as detailed in our Services Agreement, the code that allows Micrologic to access Customer’s computer desktop to help you resolve technical problems is limited only for that specific session. Micrologic is not able to access Customer’s Computer without Customer’s knowledge, affirmative consent and involvement.
- WHAT DISCLOSURE CHOICES DO CUSTOMERS HAVE?
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN CUSTOMERS ACCESS, MODIFY AND/OR DELETE?
Generally, Customer may access the following Personal Information in Customer’s account:
- Full name
- Username and password
- Email address
- Telephone number; and
- Billing and Service address
- Account and billing information
By contacting Micrologic at firstname.lastname@example.org or through any online access portal and/or via telephone, Micrologic may enable Customers to view, access and modify Customer account settings, and in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information listed above. Micrologic will retain historic email, billing and/or Service addresses for security and verification purposes and Customers may not delete such information even after the subscription expires or terminates.
Existing Customers may not delete any Personal Information because such information is necessary to provide and bill for the Services; Customers may only update or modify the following Personal Information: Mailing address, email address, phone number. billing information, username and password.
Micrologic may use any aggregated data derived from Customer’s Personal Information but not in a manner that would identify Customer personally. Micrologic may also maintain Personal Information regarding Customer and Customer’s use of the Service after Customer is no longer a Micrologic customer as required by Micrologic’s business practices, by law, and/or tax reporting purposes. The information Customer can view, update, and delete may also change if required by law. If Customer has any questions about viewing or updating information Micrologic has on file about Customer, please contact Micrologic at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Micrologic’s privacy practices and policies, please contact Micrologic at 304-472-4596 or 888-651-8431.
© Copyright 2023, Micrologic Inc. All Rights Reserved.