6 Reasons You Should Invest in a Generator
October 28, 2015
If you’ve ever experienced a power outage for an extended period of time, then you know how inconvenient it can be. Not only is it inconvenient, but power outages can result in frozen pipes, food spoilage and other expensive damages. For these reasons, many homeowners and businesses invest in automatic or portable generators as a backup from the loss of power. Here are the top 6 reasons why investing in a generator might make sense for you:
- Severe Weather – Living in the mountains of West Virginia, we are exposed to weather threats of various types, from ice storms and snow storms to thunderstorms and derechoes. Having a backup generator in the event of any kind of major storm that results in a power outage will keep water, appliances, heaters and lights operable.
- Prone to Sudden Outages – In some areas, sudden power outages are common and occur more frequently. These frequent power failures may be the result of an aging infrastructure. Whatever the reason, you can keep your home or business running when the power is lost by having a backup generator.
- Medical Reliability – From stair lifts and oxygen machines to keeping medications refrigerated, having a backup generator in the event of a power outage is essential to ensuring you or a loved one isn’t faced with a life-threatening situation.
- Probable Flooding – If you live in a flood plain, then you know that storms can result in prolonged outages. In these situations, a backup generator can be handy to keep your sump pump running and water out of your basement.
- Home Office – If you depend on power at your home to keep an income then having a backup generator means your business can still stay competitive even when there’s a power failure. Additionally, a home generator may be deductible if used for business purposes.
- Freezer Reliability – More and more people are in the business of buying items in bulk to save money. During a prolonged power outage, the cost savings go down the drain. Having a backup generator can ensure that your freezer stays running and you can preserve those cost savings.
These are just a few of the reasons why investing in a generator makes sense for your home or office. Contact our expert team to find the right Generac© generator to fit your specific needs.