4 Reasons Why Businesses Should Move to the Cloud
September 30, 2015
Businesses that share data between multiple sites and locations must find a way to expand their communications and connectivity in the most secure and cost-effective way. In many instances, cloud technologies can allow businesses with multiple office sites to securely connect and grow their communications. Older technologies are costly to maintain and the additionally disadvantages only increase when you consider multiple office locations. These disadvantages affect not only your staff’s productivity, but also your customer’s experience as well. Cloud technologies allow multiple locations to connect with one another and also allow individuals traveling or working from home access to their data in the most cost-effective way.
- Seamless Communication – no matter the location, all employees can access the same communications solution.
- Simplify Growth – compared to older, legacy data infrastructures, cloud technologies make it easy for businesses to add users and locations.
- More Features – easily add features to help streamline connectivity:
• 24/7 Remote Monitoring
• Anti-Spam Tools
• Remote Data Backup
• Desktop Management Technology
- Less Maintenance – on-site hardware at multiple office locations can quickly become costly and time-consuming to manage.
But where does the data live? The cloud service provider maintains the equipment and powers the cloud-based system. This is what eliminates the costly repairs and upgrades that occur with on-site equipment. Using a cloud-based system is as handy as it is thrifty and can significantly simplify your IT management. Whether you have two locations or 20 locations, a cloud communications system will increase productivity, while cutting costs.